Podcasts

Podcasts are becoming more and more popular in today's society. They are used for many different reasons: entertainment, storytelling, true crime, etc. The most popular podcasts are the ones that also offer videos with the podcast. Many podcasters post clips from the podcast on TikTok or Instagram to garnish attention. They can gain many more subscribers by posting high-engaging clips from their episodes.

As I explored different podcast platforms, I came across three that were very user-friendly. 

The first one is Buzzsprout. Buzzsrpout is a free platform. You can post up to 2 hours of content once a month. If you'd like to post more material, you can pay a subscription fee. The platform also offers analytics on your episodes. You can see how much engagement you have gotten from listeners and what episodes are most popular.

The next platform I signed up for was Spotify's podcasters. This platform wasn't as easy to log into. You have to manually sign up and enter personal information such as birth date, name, and email. It has a few more features that are helpful than Buzzsrpout. The app helps you set up and customize your platform. They also offer analytics on your episodes. 

Last, I signed up for Soundcloud. This platform was my favorite. It was easy to sign up with just a click of your Gmail account. It was also easy to upload and convert an audio file. The app also offers user-friendly ways to add pictures, titles, captions, and other features to spruce up your site. To listen to Lacey's and my recent podcast on Librarians assisting the history teacher, check out Bookish Buzz.

Comments

  1. I found that Soundcloud was the easiest to use as well! That's what we used for Podcast. It's interesting that Buzzsprout starts charging after two hours of content a month. I do like that you can see the engagement from listeners within posts. It seems like there are endless amounts of Podcast platforms, and many of them have similar qualities. So it's hard to choose, but this assignment really helped me see a few of my options for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Library Schedule: Flexible vs. Fixed